Consumer price index (CPI)
The consumer price index in September 2020 compared to August 2020 was 99.4%, i.e. the monthly inflation was -0.6%. The inflation rate since the beginning of the year (September 2020 compared to December 2019) has been -1.1% and the annual inflation in September 2020 compared to September 2019 was 0.9% . The annual average inflation, measured by CPI, in the last 12 months (October 2019 - September 2020) compared to the previous 12 months (October 2018 - September 2019) was 2.3%.
In September 2020 compared to the previous month the prices of goods and services in the main consumer groups changed as follows:
• Food and non-alcoholic beverages - an increase of 0.4%;
• Alcoholic beverages and tobacco - the prices remained at the level of the previous month;
• Clothing and footwear - a decrease of 0.9%;
• Housing, water, electricity, gas and other fuels - an increase of 0.3%;
• Furnishings, household equipment and routine maintenance of the house - a decrease of 0.2%;
• Health - the prices remained at the level of the previous month;
• Transport - a decrease of 1.1%;
• Communications - an increase of 0.2%;
• Recreation and culture - a decrease of 8.9%;
• Education - an increase of 3.1%;
• Restaurants and hotels - a decrease of 1.9%;
• Miscellaneous goods and service - a decrease of 0.6%.